FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

Saturday, July 21, 2007
We have a lot of "new" things going on here at Twenty One. One of the major new projects is a complete face lift redesign of our website. We are working on the next feature film. All kinds of "new."

However, last night I was perusing my DVD collection and I cam e across THE MIDNIGHT our first (well technically due to length) our second feature film. This was my and Twenty One's attempt at a comedy with heart. My Kevin Smith film. So I popped it in my computer and started watching a few scenes. It brought back so many memories that I finally took it to my room, threw it in the DVD player and watched the movie from the beginning. Now, I am not going to sit here and criticize or analyze the movie. All I want to say is how much fun I had watching it. It brought back such good memories. DeAnna Friend, who was a starring lead in the movie, is no longer with us, one guy who plays a stoner burn-out in the film just recently announced that he was going into the priesthood, another actor was on the reality show GREASE: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT and made it into the top 3 finalists, and there are so many other stories just like those. Everything was immortalized in this movie. A snapshot friends, family and great times!

Even though the story is marginal at best and some of the acting could barely be considered as such, it had it's strong moments as well. I was really happy with the writing and much of the acting in many of the dramatic scenes, David Cottingham had some terrific acting moments in those. Steve Tressler had a great knack for comedy and his improv stuff really makes you laugh out loud.

This is something we have talked about in the past and that was to do some re-writes and actually re-make a "new" THE MIDNIGHT. After last nights viewing it would be something I would love to tackle because there was much that I loved about that film. It's good to go back from time to time and see where we have come from and where it looks like we are going.

Hopefully someplace "new" although many of the faces may still be the same!
posted by Twenty One Productions @ 11:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.