FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

Summer T.V. Kills
Friday, July 20, 2007

I don't usually catch much T.V. in the summer but, now thanks to DVR and an 11-year-old in the house, I have captured much of what the networks are trying to pass off as entertainment. Thanks to DVR I am able to watch these mindless pieces of crap at lightning speed and efficiency.

I have never been a fan of "reality" shows and after the summer fare that's on the airwaves my opinion has only gotten stronger. THE NEXT BEST THING, are you kidding me with this? A show to see who is the best celebrity impersonator...WHY? What are they going to do with such a useless talent if they do win? And Jeffery Ross...what up? You are the roast master and I see why they want you on...to slaughter idiots, but now you just look like one hosting such a crappy, irrelevant waste of airtime. Or DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS, not only do we have to listen to people sing poorly to bad songs but then put up with the standard "stall for time" dramatic moments and in multiple formats as well. NBC puts the exact same song on a day later. Come on isn't anyone laughing with me? They could do 5 to 6 reality contests in 30 minutes and be done with it. 6 weeks, 13 weeks? I can literally feel my brain cells jumping to their death in my skull.

Now on to my WORST offender. GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS. Now I would hope it is understood by now that reality shows that show celebrities and their family's in day to day situation is fixed to one degree or another. Much like the WWE. But Gene Simmons takes the cake. This is just a bad sitcom, poorly written "situations" and the greatest crime of all...bad acting. I haven't seen such bad direction and acting since 1978's, KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM of the PARK. I know that Simmons is a control freak to the nth degree in all matters involving him but this is a train wreck wrapped in a nightmare. It is so pathetic. But the worst part is that this is the future of reality T.V. Stars "acting" in "real and wacky" situations done in more than a few takes! Gene loves to say there's no bullshit about him and that he is an open book that's why tabloids leave him alone. I would venture to guess that his show stinks and that he is now an irrelevant "star" may be the real reason. There isn't one aspect of his life that's authentic or at least one that a camera would be allowed to record.

500 channels with nothing on, gets closer day by day. And now it's all displayed gorgeously in High-Def!
posted by Twenty One Productions @ 12:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.