FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

Friday, July 20, 2007
After my last post I was feeling pretty down considering how much T.V. sucks. However, last night my joy was restored. Not in the strength of T.V. but that it is possible that good things are still being made.

So in the spirit of a Friday. Here's some recommendations for the weekend.

Season 2 of EXTRAS the Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant show on HBO. To steal a term from the show "brilliant!" Show #1 with Orlando Bloom so full of himself and with so much hatred of Johnny Depp. Show #2 where David Bowie improvises a song dedicated to the "little fat man. Pug, pug, pug pug." The final episode on dic #1 with Daniel Radcliffe hitting on every woman on the set of his boy scout movie. Hilarious!

So after watch those 3 episodes it reminded me to show my wife the clip on YouTube of Ricky Gervais and a spot he did for Comic Relief 2007 with Stephen Merchant, Jamie Oliver, Sir Bob Geldof and Bono. It'll bring you to tears.

Finally my confession. I think Justin Timberlake is just the best! I know that you could throw right in front of that, "Do you know how I know you're gay?" the famous slamfest from THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN, but you know what? Don't care.

Seriously I am not a big fan of Timberlake's music but the guy is great at comedy and acting. Much like I think of Ludicris being as fantastic as he is, I feel the same about Justin Timberlake. The "Dick in a Box" skit from SNL (I know old news) but still one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Plus the 2 times he has hosted SNL have been some of the best shows since Alec Baldwin hosted.

I just finished watching BLACK SNAKE MOAN, which I highly recommend, with JT in it and he was great. Timberlake's part was very small but he did a great job with it. The guy can be so self effacing that you can't help but like him and I defy anyone to prove me wrong!

So last night was a laugh fest! I seriously had to wind down before even thinking about going to bed my stomach hurt so bad. One more quick video tip (again probably old news) but watch the Natalie Portman SNL short. You quite possibly might s*** yourself! You can check out all these videos over on my favorites on my YouTube page HERE.

Final note. As much as I'm gushing over Ricky Gervais and Justin Timerlake...Christina Ricci in panties and a half tee for most of a movie. Priceless.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Twenty One Productions @ 9:22 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.