FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

GREAT NOIR LINES
Friday, August 19, 2005
Just for the hell of it. Mat has been underway on a film noir genre screenplay. And he said that before he got into it he did some reading on the history of film noir and it's language. Which got me thinking. So I did some research of my own to help me get into that film noir mind set. So I have this book called "Hard Boiled: Great Lines From Classic Noir FIlms." Some of my favorites follow:

For example:

THE BIG SLEEP 1946
"My, my. Such a lot of guns around a town and so few brains."

THE BIG COMBO
"I treated her like a pair of gloves. When I was cold, I called her up."

THE BLUE DAHLIA 1946
"Bourbon straight! With a bourbon chaser!"

FORCE OF EVIL 1948
"If I make you feel necessary, I'm making a mistake."

"If you need a broken man to love, break your husband."

STRANGER'S ON A TRAIN 1951
"Some people are better off dead. Like your wife and my father, for instance."

Now these are just some of the example I have found and having heard Mat's pitch he's already got some great lines of his own.

Anyway, just a fun little rant and one more line that pertains to all we are working on right now.

SCARLET STREET 1945

- "Who do you think you are, my guardian angel?

- "I lost my wings a long time ago."
posted by Twenty One Productions @ 11:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.