FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

Lack of Sleep Leads To Mindless Rambling
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
So, I'm up at my usual un-Godly hour in the morning due to the fact I don't sleep well if hardly at all and I was browsing the web to hit my daily movie news site. Shameless plug; JoBlo.com (not that they give a shit that I even post this info). And on said site I see a news bit about Kevin Smith posting a daily diary of his ever move. Nice move considering so many people actually do care about his day to day minutiae. Now I in no way think anyone remotely cares what I do on a daily basis compared to Kevin Smith or anyone for that matter but what the hell, it kills time before the wife and kids wake up and some people might think it's at the very least amusing, possibly informative and at the very worst sad and pathetic.

Off to the day job. Yeah, hard to believe I don't get paid to make movies, I know, but something got to pay the bills. It's not that bad, I still get to be somewhat creative and I get to do some directing. Not in the movie sense but in the art design of a national publication. Keeps the gears of the "art department" of Twenty One running right along too. It never really was in the "big picture" to work in the horse industry at all while residing in good 'ol Kentucky but things could have worked out worse. I do have an understanding boss who thinks that making movies is a pretty cool thing and I get quite a bit of leeway in that area to do so without much grief from upper management. So, I do get to yap with David about movie stuff during work hours which all in all keeps my movie job as part of my life 24/7.

Last night I caught a little known movie called, Jesus' Son, starring Billy Crudup as a drug addict who finds redemption. When you get a chance I recommend you add it to your Nexflix queue. It came out in 2000 and I just stumbled upon it. It's got some great cameos from Jack Black, Denis Leary and Dennis Hopper which are worth the rental alone. It's a movie that moves at a slow pace but has some great shots, good dialogue and some fine acting. One scene which stuck out was one where Crudup's character, known only as Fuckhead (I kid you not), breaks down after the death of some baby rabbits. That was just some fucking good acting. It was directed by Alison MacLean and this is the first thing I have seen from her and I thought it was done very well.

Friday is the release date for one of the movies I have been looking forward to the most from the time I first heard it was being made. Sin City. I have been a big fan of the comic since it first came out and have expectations that I pray will be surpassed but that might be asking too much. My review to come.

NEXT TIME: SIN CITY & IN DEFENSE OF ALL THINGS STAR WARS
posted by Twenty One Productions @ 7:58 PM

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello twentyonepro, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Lack of Sleep Leads To Mindless Rambling. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse games for kids related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse games for kids related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse games for kids. Thank you and I wish you well .

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.