FRAME by FRAME

News and commentary from Russell Johnson and Twenty One Productions.

Internet Overload
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Last night we did podcast #'s 7 and 8 and while it is fun we are still trying to get the hang of it. In another and in increasing ways we are trying to reach out to our fans and potential fans via new and old internet methods. The podcast being the latest and our forum being of the older variety, but still new to us.

The podcast is an interesting new tactic we are employing and truth be told we are having a good time recording the shows. Last night was the first attempt at a "full house" with Mat, myself and Dave diving in all at once. I thought the results were some of the best we have achieved in the ever evolving format of our show. We seem to have a good feel for not walking over each other during discussions and have the ability to compliment each other and keep the show moving. Although the shows are longer with all three of us, it doesn't bother me in the least. It's fun, we had fun and we feel the listener will as well. As Neil once said during our Star Wars Fan Film featurette, "enthusiasm and excitement for a project is infectious."

The odd thing about the podcast is that I find it difficult to track our listeners. I'm sure if we coughed up a few more dollars a month we could get a service to make the scope of our listenership crystal clear but I don't feel we are at that point in the show for that to be a necessity. We have recorded 8 shows, but we have only released 4. I feel that 20+ shows will be a better time to gauge who is listening. It seems to me by that stats I have been tracking, without any definite assurances that I am reading these things clearly, that to date we have lost more listeners than we have gained loyal ones. Maybe it's the subject, maybe it's us, maybe it's the language, who knows for sure. But as stated previously I think after 8 shows we are just starting to hit our stride and have a sense of the direction of the show's future.

That seems to be confirmed as reflected by the "numbers" I have been tracking for the last few days. When the show first aired the numbers spiked, then dropped dramatically. Now they are starting to level off. The numbers have only fluctuated by 1 or 2 listeners as of late. That's a good sign. I am very optimistic about the podcast and it's ability to grow the Twenty One brand to a much larger audience. I hope those who read the blog and visit the site will give the podcast a try.

Also, if you do like it PLEASE LET US KNOW! It's hard enough to track what people are responding to or not and we need you to tell us. I enjoy doing the show and I think I can speak for both Mat and Dave in that they enjoy doing it too. I hope you enjoy listening to it.

Now beyond that we have several new productions on the horizon. None are set in stone so I hesitate to go into details. But I can say that a couple of the productions are new territory for us and another is a re-visit to something that took us from one level to the next. It's going to be fun. And this is all happening before we get full-blown into "Bone China." Which reminds me of a quick note regarding the movie. Things are moving slow but not deliberately it's just the nature and size of the production. However, I can say that not only have the planets been realigning but lightning has struck more than once, it's weird, and I believe that something beyond my control is driving this movie in the right direction. Nuff said.

Back to the web. In the next few weeks possibly even days the Twenty One website will be getting a face lift. Not a complete re-design but with all the new internet resources and technologies we are utilizing as of late the site needed updating. I am hard at work on that and hope to reveal it soon. All in all the Twenty One camp is buzzing and we are staying busy. Stay on the lookout for new content on a regular basis. Check out all the ways at the right of this page to contact us and well as the numerous links to our ever expanding universe!

Finally, a new tag line (thanks to David and Neil): "Twenty One Productions, not your ordinary independent filmmakers."

Believe it!
posted by Twenty One Productions @ 12:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Previous Posts
Visit the Site

Powered by Blogger

© 2007 TWENTY ONE PRODUCTIONS, All Rights Reserved STAR WARS and all associated characters, logos and other elements are the property of LucasFilm Ltd. This production is a "Fan Film", and as such no profit can be made from the presentation or distribution of this film. This film is not for sale. STAR WARS is a Registered Trademark of LucasFilm Ltd.